Table 4-3. Troubleshooting Chart (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
ENGINE DOES NOT TURN OVER (Continued)
b. The wire between the starter and the start button
(1) If wire is ok, go to step 2.
(2) If wire is loose, tighten it and go to step 1c.
(3) If wire and/or insulation are cracked, broken or frayed, replace it and go to
c. Start engine.
(1) If the engine starts, the problem is solved.
(2) If the engine does not start, go to step 2.
Step 2. Check battery.
Figure 4-40. Battery Visual Checks
a. Check the battery visually.
(1) Undo retainer strap and remove battery box cover.
(2) Make sure battery cables are tight on terminals. They should not be able to
be moved by hand.
(3) Make sure battery ground connection is securely fastened.
(4) If there is any corrosion on battery or around terminals, rinse it off with a
baking soda and water solution.