Table 4-3. Troubleshooting Chart (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
ENGINE IS HARD TO START (Continued)
(2) If fuel line is not clogged, return it to fuel tank and carburetor. Notify your
c. Start the engine.
(1) If engine starts with no trouble, the problem is solved.
(2) If engine does not start, or if it is hard to start, notify your supervisor.
Step 4. Check engine air cleaner.
a. Remove the air cleaner cover and filter element.
b. Place a light in the center of the filter element.
(1) If the light passes through the filter element, the filter element is ok.
(2) If the light will not pass through the filter element, bang the filter on a flat
surface to loosen the dirt then test it again.
(3) If the light still cannot be seen through the filter element, replace it.
Figure 4-45. Fuel Tank Assembly