Table 4-3. Troubleshooting Chart (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
ENGINE IS HARD TO START (Continued)
c. Adjust carburetor while it is running.
Figure 4-44. Carburetor
(1) Turn main fuel needle valve to the right (clockwise) until engine slows down.
(2) Turn main fuel needle valve back to the left (counterclockwise) until engine
(3) Turn main fuel needle valve back to a point halfway between slowdown
d. Start engine.
(1) If engine starts without trouble, the problem is solved.
(2) If engine is still hard to start, go to step 3.
Step 3. Check fuel line.
BE ALERT to disconnect the ground cable from the battery before performing maintenance on the
fuel tank assembly. Spilled gasoline will be ignited by a spark.
a. Close fuel tank valve.
b. Remove fuel line and check it for clogging.
(1) If fuel line is clogged, replace it and go to step 3c.