Table 4-3. Troubleshooting Chart (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
ENGINE DOES NOT START BUT IT TURNS OVER (Continued)
(2) If the fuel line is plugged, unplug it and return it to the valve and carburetor.
Go to step 5c
(3) If the fuel line is cut or cracked or damaged, replace it and go to step 5c.
c. Start the engine.
(1) If the engine starts, the problem is solved.
(2) If the engine does not start, go to step 6.
Step 6. Check the carburetor.
Figure 4-38. Carburetor
BE CAREFUL not to use force when turning the needle valve in and out. Too much force will
damage the needle valves and valve seats.
a. Adjust the needle valves.
(1) Turn both needle valves all the way to the right (clockwise) until they gently
(2) Turn the main fuel needle valve to the left (counterclockwise) two full turns.
(3) Turn the idle needle valve to the left (counterclockwise) 1-1/4 turns.
(4) Go to step 6b.