Table 4-3. Troubleshooting Chart (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
ENGINE DOES NOT TURN OVER (Continued)
(4) If the specific gravity is between 1.225 and 1.250, the cells are still in fair
condition. Notify your supervisor of the problem.
(5) If the specific gravity is below 1.150 in any one cell, replace the battery and
go to step 2c.
(6) If the specific gravity in one cell is more than 0.050 less than the other cells
and will not charge to more than a 50% charge, replace the battery and go to
c. Start engine.
(1) If engine starts, the problem is solved.
(2) If engine does not start, notify your supervisor.
3. ENGINE IS HARD TO START
Figure 4-42. Aerosol Generator Wiring Diagram
Step 1. Make sure all the wires listed below are securely fastened to their terminals.
Spark plug wire
Wires between ignition switch and coil, points and coil, and condenser and coil
Between starter and start button
Between ignition switch and start button