Table 4-3. Troubleshooting Chart (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
ENGINE DOES NOT START BUT IT TURNS OVER (Continued)
BE ALERT to disconnect the ground cable from the battery before performing maintenance on the
fuel tank assembly. Spilled gasoline will be ignited by a spark.
Figure 4-37. Fuel Tank Assembly
a. Drain fuel tank.
(1) Close fuel tank valve if possible.
(2) Pinch fuel line with the forefinger and thumb and disconnect it from carburetor.
(3) Open valve and drain the gasoline into a container.
(4) If gasoline drains thru tank valve, go to step 6.
(5) If gasoline does not drain thru valve, notify your supervisor of the problem.
b. Check fuel line.
(1) If fuel line is ok, return it to valve and carburetor. Go to step 6.