Table 4-3. Troubleshooting Chart (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
ENGINE DOES NOT START BUT IT TURNS OVER (Continued)
Figure 4-36. Specific Gravity Test
(3) If the specific gravity is between 1.250 and 1.280, the battery cell being
tested is ok. Go to step 5.
(4) If the specific gravity is between 1.225 and 1.250, the cell being tested is still
in fair condition. Go to step 5.
(5) If the specific gravity is below 1.150 in any one cell, replace the battery and
go to step 4c.
(6) If the specific gravity in one cell is 0.050 more or less than the other cells
and charging does not bring the charge to a 50% charge, replace the battery
and go to step 4c.
c. Start the engine.
(1) If the engine starts, the problem is solved.
(2) If the engine does not start, go to step 5.
Step 5. Check fuel tank valve and fuel line.