TM 5-3740-218-1 3&P
Primary Hyd Pressure
D4-45 Nozzle Flow
(3) On hand control, make sure SYSTEM switch is set to OFF and POWER switch is ON. Make sure gate valve
(4) Place bucket under nozzle.
(5) Set key on engine to ON.
(6) Start engine with ENGINE START switch.
Note time before performing step (7) since application rate can only be determined if
dispersal time is known. During ground test, 30-minute operating time should not be
exceeded; overheating and damage to equipment will occur.
(7) Note time and set SYSTEM switch to ON. Check for hydraulic leaks, that EMPTY indicator is not lit, and
that pressure gage on secondary hydraulic manifold assembly indicates 300 psi.
(8) Press DISPERSAL pushbutton. After pre-determined time is up, release DISPERSAL pushbutton and set
SYSTEM switch to OFF.
(9) Measure amount of pesticide collected in bucket and calculate application rate (para 2-10, f). If application
rate is incorrect, proceed with step (10). If application rate is correct, proceed with step (12).
Loosen jam nut, adjust manifold pressure adjustment knob, then tighten jam nut.
Repeat steps (7) through (10) until application rate is correct.
Shut down hydraulic system immediately when EMPTY indicator lights, or damage to
pump could occur.