Table 4-3. Troubleshooting Chart (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
ENGINE LACKS POWER (Continued)
(2) Check specific gravity.
(3) If the specific gravity is between 1.250 and 1.280, the cells are ok. Notify
your supervisor of the problem.
(4) If the specific gravity is between 1.225 and 1.250, the cells are still in fair
condition. Go to step 10.
(5) If the specific gravity is below 1.150 in any one cell, replace the battery and
go to step 4c.
(6) If the specific gravity in one cell is 0.050 more or less than the other cells
and charging does not bring the charge to a 50% charge, replace the battery
and go to step 4c.
c. Start the engine.
(1) If the engine starts operating correctly, the problem is solved.
(2) If the engine still lacks power, notify your supervisor of the problem.
6. ENGINE OPERATES ERRATICALLY
Figure 4-56. Fuel Tank Assembly