Table 4-3. Troubleshooting Chart (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
ENGINE OPERATES ERRATICALLY (Continued)
c. Replace gasoline in fuel tank.
(1) Drain all fuel into a container and throw it away.
(2) Flush tank with some clean gasoline.
Contaminated fuel must be disposed of in a manner consistent with current federal and local
Check the gasoline bulk supply for water before using it.
(3) Close fuel tank valve and fill tank with clean gasoline and go to Step 1d.
d. Disconnect fuel line from carburetor and fuel tank and check it for damage or
(1) If fuel line is ok, go to Step 2.
(2) If fuel line is plugged, blow it out and return it to fuel tank and carburetor.
Go to Step 1e.
(3) If fuel line is cut, cracked, or leaking, replace it and go to Step 1e.
(4) If gasoline still does not drain through fuel line after returning or replacing it,
go to Step 2.
e. Start engine.
(1) If engine runs smoothly, the problem is solved.
(2) If engine still operates erratically, go to Step 2.
Figure 4-58. Fuel Tank Cap