TM 5-3740-214 14
Table 4-3. Troubleshooting Chart (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
ENGINE OPERATES ERRATICALLY (Continued)
b. Start engine.
(1) If engine starts, the problem is solved. Go to Step 3c.
(2) If engine does not start, notify your supervisor of the problem.
c. Adjust carburetor while engine is running.
(1) Turn needle valves to the right (clockwise) until the engine slows down.
(2) Turn needle valves back to the left (counterclockwise) until engine slows
(3) Turn needle valves back to the right to a position halfway between the slow
7. ENGINE OVERHEATS
Figure 4-60. Blower Housing
Step 1. Check grass screen.
a. If screen is clogged, clean it out and go to Step 2.
b. If screen is clear, go to Step 2.
Step 2. Check cooling fins for clogging.
a. If cooling fins are clear, go to Step 3.
b. Clean cooling fins if possible. Notify your supervisor of the problem.