OPERATION PRE-CHECK (Continued)
Figure 2-31. Temperature Correction Curve
(3) Start engine according to engine start procedures on page 2-25.
(4) When formulation tank pressure levels off, shut engine OFF.
(5) Turn the ignition switch and the solenoid valve switch ON and let the insecticide flow into a bucket.
Let the insecticide flow for five minutes.
(6) Check the temperature.
(7) Check the flowmeter scale reading.
(8) Hold a beaker under the insecticide stream for one timed minute.
(9) Turn OFF the ignition switch and the solenoid valve switch.
(10) Pour the insecticide from the beaker into a graduated cylinder and measure the volume of insecticide
that flowed in one minute.
(11) Find the flow rate in oz/min on the graph (pages 1-9 thru 1-13) that matches the flowmeter scale reading. Use
the graph provided for the insecticide being sprayed. Figure 2-31 illustrates how to use the temperature correction
(a) If the flow rate from the graph is the same as the measured flow rate, the flowmeter is ok.
(b) If the flow rate from the graph is not the same as the measured flow rate, notify your supervisor.
Adjust the flowmeter to the proper flow rate.
Check the insecticide label for the recommended driving speed.
Each pass with the vehicle will cover a 300 ft. width swath.