SHUTDOWN PROCEDURES (Continued)
(7) Shut the engine ignition switch OFF.
(8) Aim assembly up at a 45angle and to the rear of the vehicle.
If the aerosol generator is going to be stored for more than three days, flush the formulation tank and the fluid
(1) Pressurize the formulation tank.
(2) Drain the formulation tank.
BE ALERT to hold the drain hose in the bucket. The pressure on the tank may cause the hose to
jump around and splash insecticide.
(a) Hold the drain hose in a bucket.
(b) Open the tank drain valve and drain the tank.
(c) Make sure the drain valve closes.
Figure 2-35. Formulation Tank Filler Cap
(3) Service the formulation tank with one to two gallons of soap and water.
(a) Open tank pressure drain valve.
(b) Loosen the filler cap retaining screw and turn the cap bracket down.
(c) Remove the filler cap.
(d) Partially fill the tank with one to two gallons of soap and water.
(e) Place the filler cap back on the tank. Make sure it seats correctly.