(10) Install battery cover (1), aligning holes on cover with battery holddown bolts (10).
(11) Secure battery cover (1) using two washers (3) and two nuts (2).
e. Fill bucket with water and check for leaks. Drain bucket.
Assemble the PDU for LV system operation.
Both LV boom assemblies are assembled/installed the same way.
procedure is for the left-side LV boom assembly.
Booms and struts are number and color-coded; right is green and red is left. The
Connect Points referred to in this procedure are the places on the boom assembly where
struts and booms with like colors and numbers are to be joined.
Strut tabs must point up. Nozzles must face rear of bucket. End of strut should be at a
15-degree angle to centerline of boom.
(1) Connect Points 1 and 2: Install two struts (1 and 2, figure 2-6) at top of right bucket leg weldments and secure
to strut anchors (3 and 4) using two quick-release pins (5 and 6).
(2) Install outboard boom weldment (7) on center boom weldment (8) of pump and crosstube assembly. Secure
by closing Kamlock ears over end of boom weldment. Do not install clamp (9) at this time.
(3) Connect Point 3: Using upward pressure, connect other ends of struts (1 and 2) to outboard boom weldment
(7) at Connect Point 3 using quick-release pin (10).
(4) Connect Point 4: Attach struts (11 and 12) to outboard boom weldment (7) at Connect Point 4 using quick-
release pin (13).
(5) Connect Points 5 and 6: Attach opposite ends of struts (11 and 12) to eyebolts on cross strut (14) at Connect
Points 5 and 6 using quick-release pins (15 and 16).
(6) Connect Point 10: Install outboard boom weldment (17) on outboard boom weldment (7) Secure by closing
Kamlock ears over connection. Do not install clamp (18) over ears at this time.
(7) Connect Point 7: Attach struts (19 and 20) to outboard boom weldment (17) at Connect Point 7 using quick-
release pin (21).
(8) Connect Points 8 and 9: While supporting end of weldment (17), connect cross strut (14) to struts (1, 2, 19,
and 20) at Connect Points 8 and 9 using quick-release pins (22 and 23).
(9) Connect Point 11: Install boom extension (24) on end of boom weldment (17) and secure by closing Kamlock
ears over connection.