(3) Open ball valve and allow to drain.
(4) When system is drained, close ball valve. Flush system in accordance with pesticide label directions. Use
water if spray fluid was water-based; use mineral oil if spray fluid was oil-based.
(5) Store or dispose of pesticide-filled containers in accordance with pesticide manufacturer's label directions.
b. Draining SD System.
(1) Remove motor and slinger assembly from bucket assembly (para 4-51).
(2) Place suitable container under both hoppers.
(3) Start engine and turn system switch ON.
(4) Press DISPERSAL pushbutton on hand control. Gates will open.
(5) Continue to press DISPERSAL pushbutton until no pesticide falls into containers.
Compressed air used for cleaning and drying purposes shall not exceed 30 psi. Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves,
etc). Flying debris could cause personal injury.
(6) Open door on top of bucket. Using compressed air at less than 30 psi, blow pesticide residue down hoppers.
(7) Press dispersal button again to empty remaining pesticide from hoppers.
(8) Install motor and slinger assembly on bucket (para 4-51).
(9) Store or dispose of pesticide-filled containers in accordance with manufacturer's label.
Disassembly of LV System.
Both LV boom assemblies are removed/disassembled the same way. This procedure is
for the right LV boom.
(1) Remove clamps (1, 2, and 3, figure 2-15) from boom. Pull back Kamlock ears and remove boom extension
(4) from Connect Point 11.