FLUSH TANK ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE (Continued)
Figure 5-287. Flush Tank Assembly
c. Disassemble flush tank.
(1) Remove pump handle assembly from flush tank.
(2) Remove plunger rod assembly from pump barrel.
(3) Remove retaining nuts, washers, leather, disc spreader, cam lock, and spring from plunger rod.
d. Inspect pump leather. If it is mushy soft replace it. If it is dry and cracked replace it. The leather should be firm
e. Assemble flush tank.
(1) Attach cam lock, leather, spring, spreader disc, washers and retaining nuts to plunger rod.
(2) Slide plunger assembly into pump barrel.
(3) Install pump handle assembly in flush tank.