Section III. PANEL COVER ASSEMBLY
and screws (28) which secure the four
The panel cover assembly (fig. 9) is used to protect
cover retaining springs (27) to the panel
the front panel of the indicator when the indicator is not
cover (5), and remove the springs.
being used and also to stow the water manometer (23)
(10) Remove two screws (12) from each cover
and the spare sized pyrex orifices (16). It has a black
handle (8) and remove the two handles
wrinkle finish like the cabinet assembly and is
from the panel cover.
rectangular in shape.
(1) Position the two cover handles (8) over
their respective mounting holes on the
outside of the panel cover (5) and secure
each cover handle with two screws (12).
Replacement of the panel cover (5,
If necessary, file off the exposed end of
the screws and touchup with paint.
vacuum diagram (6), the manometer
(2) Position the four cover retaining springs
mounting plate (4), and the cover
(27) in the panel cover (5) and secure
retaining spring (27) is not authorized
each spring with two screws (28),
at this maintenance level. However,
lockwashers (26), and nuts (25).
the removal of some of these
(3) Position each clip (13) in the panel cover
components is necessary in order to
(5) and secure each clip with one screw
replace authorized components.
(11), lockwasher (14), and nut (15). Insert
a sized pyrex orifice (16) in each clip.
(4) Position the vacuum diagram (6) in the
panel cover and secure it in place with
front panel of the indicator.
four screws (7), lockwashers (9), and nuts
(2) Pull the manometer mounting plate (4)
from the four clips (19) which secure it to
(5) Position four clips (19) over four retaining
the panel cover (5). Release the rubber
straps (18) and secure each set to the
tubing (22) out from under the four
panel cover with one screw (17),
retaining straps (18).
lockwasher (20), and nut (21).
(3) Pull the end of the rubber tubing (22) from
(6) Position the three clips (2) on the
the water manometer (23) and remove the
mounting plate (4) and secure each clip in
manometer from the three clips (2).
place with one screw (1).
(4) Remove the two screws (24) which secure
(7) Place the manometer scale (3) on the
the manometer scale (3) to the
mounting plate (4) and secure with two
manometer mounting plate (4) and
remove the manometer.
(8) Insert one end of the rubber tubing (22)
(5) Remove the three screws (1) which
over one end of the water manometer (23)
secure the three clips (2) to the mounting
and insert the water manometer in three
plate (4) and remove the clips.
clips (2) on the mounting plate.
(6) Remove the four nuts (21), lockwashers
(9) Press the mounting plate with the water
(20), and screws (17), and remove the
manometer attached to it between the four
four clips (19) and the four retaining straps
clips (19) to retain
(9), and screws (7) which secure the
vacuum diagram (6) to the cover (5) and
remove the diagram.
(8) Remove each sized pyrex orifice (16) from
its clip (13).
Remove each clip by
removing two nuts (15), lockwashers (14),
and screws (11).