(2) Insert four screws (36) through the motor
base, the cushions (35) and the mounting
holes in the chassis. Insert five rubber
tube spacers (32 and 44), flat washers
(33) and nuts (34) onto the screws and the
selector valve stud. Tighten the nuts.
The rubber tube spacer (44) used on
the selector valve stud is /16-inch
thick. The other four spacers (32) are
(3) Solder the four wires to the tagged
(4) Screw the coupling nut of the plastic
tubing (23) to the elbow (30).
(5) Install the end of the rubber tubing (22, fig.
4) over the pipe to hose straight adapter
13. Air Shutoff Valve Assembly
a. Description. The air shutoff valve assembly (1,
fig. 7) is a hand operated /8-inch globe air valve with a
mounting plate silver soldered to its base. The valve,
located near the pump of the motor and pump assembly,
1 Valve assembly
is used to control the volume of compressed air into the
2 Pipe bushing
6 Chassis base
Figure 7. Air shutoff valve assembly.
(2) Disconnect the tube coupling nut at the
end of the copper tubing that connects to
the elbow on the air outlet side of the
Before installing any threaded pipe
connection, apply lead compound
around the the threads to form a seal.
and screws (3) that attach the valve
assembly (1) to the chassis base (6).
(2) Position the valve assembly (1), with its air
(4) Unscrew the pipe bushings (2) from each
outlet side towards the solenoid valves,
side of the valve assembly (1).
over the mounting holes in the chassis
(1) Screw the pipe bushings (2) into each side
(3) Secure the valve assembly to the chassis
of the valve assembly (1). Screw the
elbow into the pipe bushing on the air
and nuts (5).
outlet side of the valve.
(4) Screw the copper tubing coupling nut onto