Table 5-1. Direct and General Support Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (Continued)
M = Monthly
A/R = As Required
Q = Quarterly
H = Hourly
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
NO. M A/R
FORMULATION TANK (Continued)
a. Open air pressure drain valve and drain air pressure.
b. Remove safety valve from tee.
c. Place calibrated pressure gage in tee.
e. Start engine according to engine startup procedures in Chapter 2, Section III.
f. When tank pressure levels off, shut engine OFF.
g. Compare the two pressure gages.
(1) If both gages are the same, tank gage is ok.
(2) If pressure varies 2 psi, replace tank pressure gage.
(3) If pressure is greater than 15 psi or less than 12 psi, replace regulator.
(4) If pressure is slightly less than 15 psi, pressure regulator is ok.
(5) If both pressure gages read greater than 15 psi, and safety valve has not been
releasing, replace it.