Table 5-1. Direct and General Support Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (Continued)
M = Monthly
A/R = As Required
Q = Quarterly
H = Hourly
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
NO. M A/R
a. Test temperature gage.
Figure 5-14. Temperature Gage Removal
(1) Unscrew temperature gage from thermometer well.
(2) Place temperature gage in a glass of cold water with a calibrated thermometer.
(3) Compare temperature gage with thermometer. If temperature varies more than
three degrees, replace temperature gage.
(4) Screw temperature gage into temperature well.
b. Nozzle pressure gage.
(1) Remove belt guard.
(2) Remove air hose from pulsation tank.
(3) Adapt a calibrated pressure gage and thread it into the air hole.