Table 4-1. Organizational Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (Continued)
M = Monthly
A/R = As Required
Q = Quarterly
H = Hourly
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
NO. M A/R
(1) Remove the filter retainer screws and the filter retainer.
(2) Remove the filter elements and screen.
(3) Replace the filter elements; do not attempt to clean them. Cleaning solvents will
dissolve the filter elements.
(4) Clean the screen with acetone (O-A-51F).
(5) Install the screen and new filters and secure them with the filter retainer and
a. Drain oil from separator.
b. Disassemble separator.
(1) Remove separator retaining nut.
(2) Disassemble separator parts.
c. Check filter element and clean it in acetone as necessary.