Table 2-1. Operator Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services (Continued)
B - Before
D - During
A - After
FOR READINESS REPORT-
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED.
ING, EQUIPMENT IS NOT
NOZZLE ASSEMBLY (Continued)
(2) Soak the fluid nozzle in acetone (0-A-51 F)to dissolve
the gunk and varnish.
(3) Carefully clean out the fluid nozzle holes with a toothpick
or other soft non-metallic object.
(4) Wipe the fluid nozzle surfaces with a clean rag.
(5) If teflon gasket is stretched out of shape, replace it.
Figure 2-14. Nozzle Assembly
c. Reassemble nozzle assembly.
Do not over tighten the fluid nozzle. This would
damage the teflon gasket and cause air leaks.
(1) Thread fluid nozzle and teflon gasket into nozzle body.
(2) Install air cap and knurled ring. Tighten knurled ring by
d. Check nozzle assembly for air leaks.