D. Miscellaneous Publications.
1. A Method for Determining the Compatibility of Hazardous Wastes, EPA.
2. RCRA Inspection Manual, EPA.
3. Condensed Chemical Dictionary, Van Nostrand Reinhold Company.
4. Emergency Response Guidebook, DOT P 5800.3.
5. Handbook of Compressed Gases, Compressed Gas Association, Inc.
6. Fisher Scientific Company Handling, Storage, and Disposal Guide for Toxic and
Hazardous Chemicals, Fisher Chemical Index 83C.
7. The Merck Index, Merck and Co., Inc.
8. Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials, by Irving Sax.
9.16 Hazardous Material Training Programs. Installation's hazardous materials training
programs may be supplemented by various programs conducted by industry or Government
agencies. Major chemical companies offer a wide variety of seminars and conferences designed
to satisfy Federal training requirements as outlined in the CFR. These courses or seminars may
be particularly useful in qualifying activity training specialists.
9.17 Suggested Training Program. Appendix
a suggested training program that has
been developed by the Defense Logistics Agency and is available for use by DoD activities. It
describes a curriculum of courses that installation personnel can take and addresses both basic
and refresher courses as well as courses that are implied/required by various regulations.