(3) Unsolder wire from defective contact
(2) Install pump assembly in detector unit
and remove contact.
(1) Solder wire to contact (55 or 75).
(2) Coat solder joint with sealant from
(1) Separate detector unit assembly from
(3) Position contact against chassis subas-
sembly (56) and secure with screw (54, 72, or
(2) Remove two screws (72 and 73 or 54)
(4) Attach bottom case assembly to de-
and pull defective contact (74 or 75) away from
chassis subassembly (56).
Section VII. CASE TOP ASSEMBLY (1A2A5)
meter terminals. Remove meter (3) and gasket
Direct support maintenance personnel are au-
thorized to repair the M43 detector case top as-
sembly by replacing the horn and horn gasket,
(1) Position gasket (4) on case top assem-
connector cover, meter, and meter gasket, iden-
tification plate, knobs, boots, plunger, binding
(2) Observing polarity, solder wires to
posts, thermostatic switch, connector and con-
meter terminals. Coat soldered joints with seal-
nector gasket, heater assembly, and top assemb-
(3) Position meter (3) with meter face as
(4) Secure meter (3) with screws (1) and
top assembly (45).
(1) Screw replacement cover (20) onto con-
(1) Remove four screws (30) and lock-
washers (29 ).
(2) Apply sealing compound (item 3, table
When using penknife or putty knife, do
(3)- Insert screw (34) through chain loops
not damage switch A1S1 (28) located
under identification plate (31).
(4) Replace and tighten screw (34, fig. 3-
(2) Life identification plate (31) from top
17) in case top assembly (45).
assembly (13). If necessary, pry along edges of
identification plate (31 ) to loosen it.
(3) Stamp identification plate with M43 de-
tector unit lot number and serial number.
(1) Remove four screws (1) and lock-
(1) Check that switch (28), embedded in
cavity with adhesive, is not below or more than
1/32-inch above surface of top assembly (13).
(2) Lift meter (3) clear of top assembly
(13) and lay meter (3) on side to expose rear
(2) Position identification plate (31) over
(3) Tag and unsolder two wires from
readable when facing receptible (23).