Auxiliary Power Pack Replacement Continued.
The hydraulic system is pressurized. To prevent injury to personnel, gloves and eye
protection must be worn when working on hydraulic system.
Hydraulic fluid will be released when removing tubes. Collect fluid in container and clean
any spillage with rags.
An extension light should be used to help locate components and hardware.
Open cover (1) and secure in place with latch (2).
Close hose assembly shut off valve (3) in ECV compartment.
Close shut off valve (4) to primary hydraulic pump per para 2.14.3.
Disconnect hose assembly (5) from elbow (6) on piston pump (7).
Remove elbow (6) from piston pump (7).
Remove and discard O-rings (8 and 9) from elbow (6).
Remove hose assembly (10) from elbow (11) on piston pump (7).
Remove four bolts (12) and four lockwashers (13) securing two flange halves (14) and hose
assembly (15) to piston pump (7).
Remove and discard O-ring (16) from hose assembly (15).
(10) Center jack (or other suitable device) underneath the ECV wheel well and auxiliary power pack.
Raise jack so that it makes contact with the interior frame assembly (17).
The auxiliary power pack is extremely heavy. Use proper lifting equipment and observe all
safety practices for lifting to prevent injury to personnel.
Clearances are extremely close. Damage may result if auxiliary power pack is not lowered
(11) Remove 24 bolts (18) and 24 self-locking nuts (19) securing the interior frame assembly (17) to
the exterior frame assembly (20). Discard 24 self-locking nuts (19).
(12) Using jack, carefully lower auxiliary power pack. Disconnect cable assembly 1A1W2 connector
P1 (21) from underside of pan and frame assembly per para 2.13.25.
(13) Disconnect hose assembly (22) from fitting (23).
(14) Remove four bolts (24) and four lockwashers (25) securing two flange halves (26) and fitting (23)
to piston pump (7).
(15) Remove and discard O-rings (27 and 28) from fitting (23).
(16) Carefully slide jack and auxiliary power pack out from underneath ECV compartment.
Remove elbow (11) from piston pump (7).
Remove and discard O-rings (29 and 30) from elbow (11).