Rotating adjusting screw on valve FP5 counterclockwise decreases air pressure and
clockwise increases air pressure.
(18) If pressure indication is greater than 4.2 psi, loosen locknut (15) on valve FP5 and rotate
adjusting screw (16) as required to obtain 4.2 psi. Tighten locknut (15).
Steps 19 through 23 are for adjusting speed controls in mobile mode.
(19) Start ECV and set EPG switch on vehicle control box to ON.
(20) Set POWER MODE selector switch to INT. On rear control panel, set MISSION PROFILE
switch to MOBILE. Set ESS MODE selector switch to VENT.
(21) Gain access to NBC fan (14).
(22) Using strobe light, check that NBC fan (14) is rotating at 6,000 to 6,100 rpm.
Rotating adjusting screw on valve FP1 counterclockwise increases NBC fan speed and
clockwise decreases NBC fan speed.
(23) If adjustment is required, loosen locknut (15) on valve FP1 and rotate adjusting screw (16) to
obtain 6,000 to 6,100 rpm. Tighten locknut (15).
(24) Set EPG switch on vehicle control box to OFF and shut off ECV.
Connect power cable from 10 kW TQG to power panel, J2 plug and connect ground leads from
power panel and 10 kW TQG to ground stake.
On rear control panel, set HYDRAULIC PUMP/MOTOR circuit breaker ON.
On converter, set AC INPUT to ON and DC output switch to ON.
Set POWER MODE selector switch to EXT. On rear control panel, set MISSION PROFILE
switch to STATIC.
Set circuit breaker on power panel ON.
Remove access panel (21) from auxiliary power pack adapter (22), located between hydraulic
pump (23) and AC motor (24).
Jog the EXTERNAL HYDRAULIC PUMP switch on the rear control panel. Verify that
motor/pump coupling rotates upward.
If coupling does not rotate upward, check for correct phase input from the 10 kW TQG.
Set ESS MODE selector switch to OFF and MISSION PROFILE switch to STATIC.
(10) Set EXTERNAL HYDRAULIC PUMP switch on the rear control panel ON.
(11) Set ESS MODE selector switch to VENT, and NBC FAN switch ON.
AC motor power leads can be accessed in the wheel well or behind the rear control panel per
If AC motor power leads (cable 1A4W3) are accessed behind the rear control panel, guard
(12) Connect clamp type amp meter to AC motor (24) power leads (black) and check amp indication.
AC motor (24) should draw 24.5 amps (maximum).