(11) Disconnect load sense quick disconnect and connect it to small male quick disconnect on test
(12) Locate main system relief valve RD1 on hydraulic manifold (1). Loosen locknut (8) bottom out
adjusting screw (9) and back off 1/4 turn.
When loosening nut, ensure sealing washer is not lost.
(13) Remove inboard acorn nut and sealing ring (10) from primary hydraulic pump pressure control
valve. Loosen locknut and adjust allen screw one turn counterclockwise.
(14) Start ECV engine and set EPG switch on vehicle control box to ON.
Hydraulic tubing may become hot when system has been running. Avoid contact to prevent
injury to personnel.
(15) On primary hydraulic pump (11), adjust pump pressure control valve allen screw (12) clockwise
until gage reads 3,300 to 3,325 psi.
(16) Rotate adjusting screw (9) on RD1 counterclockwise until pressure reading drops to 3,250 to
(17) On primary hydraulic pump (11), adjust pump pressure control valve allen screw (12)
counterclockwise until gage reads 3,150 to 3,200 psi.
(18) Set EPG switch to OFF and shut ECV OFF.
(19) Reconnect load sense line.
(20) Locate relief valve RD2 Using 3/4 inch wrench, loosen locknut (8) and rotate adjustment screw
(9) fully counterclockwise.
(21) Start ECV engine and set EPG switch on vehicle control box to ON.
(22) Set ESS MODE switch to HEAT and temperature control knob to highest setting.
(23) Using 1/4 inch hex key rotate adjustment screw on RD2 clockwise until pressure increases to
2,600 to 2,700 psi. If pressure is not achieved, check all solenoid valves for proper operation.
(24) Tighten locknut on RD2.
(25) Set ESS MODE switch to OFF.
(26) Set EPG switch to OFF and shut ECV OFF.
Whenever flow control valves FP1, FP2, FP5 AND FP6 are replaced, the following speed
control adjustment needs to be preformed. Flow control valve FP3 is not adjustable.
Steps 1 through 8 are for adjusting speed controls in NBC mode.
(1) Gain access to NBC C-face adapter (13). Remove access cover from NBC C-face adapter (13).
(2) Start ECV engine and set EPG switch on vehicle control box to ON.
(3) Set POWER MODE selector switch to INT. On rear control panel, set MISSION PROFILE
switch to STATIC. Set ESS MODE selector switch to VENT and set NBC FAN switch to ON.
Using strobe, check rpm of NBC centrifugal fan (14) through NBC C-face adapter (13) access