who was responsible for the tester.
c. When the tester cannot be recovered, the
LRPO shall report the loss to the Radiation Material
Control Point (RMCP) and the Commander, TACOM,
ATTN: AMSTA-CZ. The report shall include: (1) Serial
number of the lost tester.
(2) Circumstances concerning the loss.
(3) Action taken to prevent recurrence of tester
procedures to prevent recurrence of tester loss.
4-31.DAMAGED OR LEAKING TESTER
a. When a tester is leaking radiation, or is
suspected of leaking, the LRPO shall: (1) Immediately
discontinue use of the tester.
(2) Wrap the tester in plastic film and seal the
package with tape.
(3) Conspicuously label the package as being
contaminated with radioactivity.
(4) Monitor personnel, equipment, and the area
for contamination. Decontaminate as required.
(5) Report that the tester is damaged, or leaking,
to both the RMCP and the Commander, TACOM, ATTN:
(6) Dispose of the tester as directed by the
NICP, and comply with AR 385-11.
(7) Report the completed disposal action to both
the RMCP and the NICP.
b. Shutter Failure. When the testers source
shutter fails to close or is damaged, the LRPO shall:
(1) Immediately discontinue use of tester. Do TM
not attempt to repair the tester.
(2) Place tester in shipping case and lock the
(3) Place shipping case in an isolated, locked
area and secure it against unauthorized handling.
(4) Report immediately, by telephone, to both the
RMCP and Commander, TACOM, AMSTA-CZ, for
4-32. PERSONNEL EXPOSED TO RADIATION
(1) The individual(s) shall immediately report to
the medical officer in the event of suspected or actual
(2) The individual(s) shall notify the LRPO of the
suspected or actual overdose.
overexposed when it monitors at a higher instrument
(2) The individual shall immediately wash, paying
particular attention to cleaning fingernails, the hair, and
creases in the skin.
c. Cuts and Skin Abrasion Thoroughly flush the
suspected or confirmed.
(1) Do not smoke, eat or drink when handling the
tester or any other radioactive Item.
(2) Immediately inform the medical officer when
ingestion of radioactive contamination is suspected.
(1) Immediately remove clothing that monitors