Table 4-1. Organizational Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (Continued)
M = Monthly
A/R = As Required
Q = Quarterly
H = Hourly
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
NO. M A/R
ENGINE ASSEMBLY (Continued)
(1) Unscrew plug dipstick and allow it to rest in the dipstick hole.
(2) Place a pan under engine oil drain.
(3) Remove drain cap and drain oil into pan.
Drain oil when it is warm. It will drain faster when it
(4) Return cap to drain pipe after oil is drained.
(5) Remove dipstick and add one quart of OE/HD 30 detergent oil MIL-L-2104C.
DO NO overfill. The oil level must never be higher than the (F)mark. If it is,
drain oil until reaching the correct level.
(6) Install plug-dipstick.