h. Quantity Incorporated in Unit. Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration
figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V" appearing in this column in
lieu of a quantity indicates that no specific quantity in applicable (e.g., shims, spacers, etc.).
C-4. SPECIAL INFORMATION
a. Usable on codes are shown in the description column. Uncoded items are applicable to all models. Identification
of the usable codes in this manual are:
b. In the parts list, some items are indented to show that they are a component or components of the item under
which they are indented.
C-5. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Unknown:
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the functional group within which the repair part belongs. This
is necessary since illustrations are prepared for functional groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the functional group to which the repair part belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the repair part on the illustration and note the illustration figure number and item number of
the repair part.
(4) Fourth. Using the repair parts listing, find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Parts Numbers, find the pertinent National stock
number or part number. This index is in NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers alphanumeric sequence, cross-
referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.