AFMAN 24-204(I)/TM 38-250/NAVSUP PUB 505/MCO P4030.19H/ DLAI 4145.3
11 DECEMBER 2001
U-238 - Th-234, Pa-234m
U-nat - Th-234, Pa-234m, U-234, Th-230, Ra-226, Rn-222, Po-218, Pb-214, Bi-214, Po-214, Pb-210,
U-240 - Np-240m
Am-242m - Am-242
Am-243 - Np-239
The quantity may be determined from a measurement of the rate of decay or a measurement of the radiation level
at a prescribed distance from the source.
d These values apply only to compounds of uranium that take the chemical form of UF6, U02F2 and UO2(NO3)2 in
both normal and accident conditions of transport.
These values apply only to compounds of uranium that take the chemical form of U03, UF4, UCI4 and hexavalent
compounds in both normal and accident conditions of transport.
f These values apply to all compounds of uranium other than those specified in (d) and (e) above.
These values apply to unirradiated uranium only.
1. In Table A11.8, the symbols for the various radionuclides are styled thus "Ir-192". The alternative form of "192
Ir" is equally acceptable.
2. Tritium (T) is a synonym for the radionuclide Hydrogen-3.
3. For Mixed Fission Products values for A1 and A2 are calculated using the formula for mixtures.
4. For Low Specific Activity (LSA) material please consult IATA Dangerous Goods Regulation sections 10.3.5.1
5. For Surface Contaminated Objects (SCO) please consult consult IATA Dangerous Goods Regulation sections
10.3.6.1 through 10.3.6.3.
6. Type A packages must not contain activities greater than the following values:
for special form radioactive material: A1; or
for all other radioactive materials: A2.