lead compound around the threads to
(d) Governor resistor R1 and radio
form a seal.
noise suppression capacitor C2.
1. Install the governor resistor R1
(23) and the radio noise
3. Screw the nipple (37) with the
suppression capacitor C2 (18)
pipe tee (38) and the adapters
to the bottom of the chassis
(11) into the solenoid valve L1
base (16) and secure them in
place with three screws (24) and
4. Screw the elbows (3) into the
solenoid valves L1 (36), L2 (4),
2. Solder the wires leading to the
L3 (12), and L4 (33).
resistor and the capacitor at the
5. Install the solenoid valve L4 (33)
proper terminals. Refer to the
on the chassis base (30) and
(e) Test counter receptacle connector
(36), L2 (4), and L3 (12) on the
valve mounting bracket (15).
receptacle connector J2 (42, fig.
Secure each solenoid valve in
4) at the rear of the chassis
place with two screws (14) and
base (31) and secure it in place
6. Install the valve mounting
bracket (15) on the chassis
2. Solder the four wires leading to
base (30) and secure it in place
the test counter receptacle
connector J2 to their respective
terminals. Refer to the wiring
7. Connect the tube coupling nuts
(f) Orifice block.
of the copper tubes (1, 2, 34,
1. Position the orifice block (17, fig.
35, 39, and 40) and the rubber
3) in the bottom of the chassis
tube adapter (10) to the various
base (16) and secure it in place
elbows (3) and adapters (11) on
the solenoid valves.
8. Connect the marked wires to the
2. If previously removed install two
proper terminals on the terminal
adapters (11) in the orifice
board TB2 (20) and secure with
the terminal screws.
Before installing the adapter or any
other threaded pipe connection,
If there is any doubt about the wire
apply lead compound around the
connections, refer to the wiring
threads to form a seal.
3. Connect the copper tubes (35)
with their tube coupling nuts.
4. Install a /2-inch long rubber
comparison orifice (24) and
(16) and secure it in place with
insert the orifice in the orifice
two screws (41) and nuts (40).
Each pyrex orifice is
2. Position the terminal board TB3
marked with the word FLOW
(27) on the chassis base (16)
plus an arrow.
and secure it in place with two
orifice with the arrow pointing in
screws (39) and nuts (26).
the same direction as the
3. Connect the two electrical wires
indicator airflow at this location.
leading to the bell transformer
T2 to the two terminals on the
terminal board TB3. Connect
The comparison orifice 01 is next to
the two electrical wires leading
from the bell toggle switch S7
comparison orifice 02 is next to the
(22) to the same two terminals
air shutoff valve assembly.
to which the bell transformer T2
wires are connected.