(4) Remove spectacle holders (2) from the face piece.
Equipment damage. Temporarily cover the rebreather system face piece lens to avoid scratches when
removing or installing the spectacle assembly. Damage to the face piece lens from excessive scratching
will require replacement of the face piece lens.
The spectacle holders are marked (R) for right side and (L) for the left side.
(1) Position spectacle holder (2) attachment pad (5) over face piece attachment pad (6) and align the holes.
To make installation easier, wet the plugs with water.
(2) Push plug tail (7) through attachment pads (5) and (6).
(3) Using pliers, pull on plug tail (7) and work plug (4) into position in attachment pads (5) and (6).
(4) Perform steps b.(1) through b.(3) to install the other side.
Eye safety hazard. Extra care should be taken to ensure that the rebreather system spectacle assembly is
installed properly. The frame arms of the spectacle assembly have pointed ends that point towards the
face of the user. Improper installation of the spectacle assembly may result in facial injury or blindness.
(5) Insert frame arms (1) into spectacle holders (2) adjustment holes (8).
(6) Adjust the spectacle assembly as follows:
(a) Slide frame arms (1) in and out of spectacle holders (2) for distance from the user's face.
(b) Move frame arms (1) up or down to any of the spectacle holders (2) adjustment holes (8) for vertical