3-9. EMERGENCY BREATHING APPARATUS (IFBA) MAINTENANCF INSTRUCTIONS. (CONT)
3-9.3.3 Leak Test
Perform the leak test before initial use, at the interval specified in the Unit PMCS Table, after performing
maintenance as specified and when damage is suspected.
Check the air cylinder for leaks as follows prior to installation on the EBA.
(1) Ensure the cylinder valve is completely closed by turning clockwise.
(2) Draw a bubble of soapy water solution across the cylinder valve outlet port (1).
(3) Cover the two bleed holes on the threads with your fingers.
(4) If the bubble expands, there is an air leak through the valve. Replace the cylinder. Notify your supervisor.
(5) Apply a soapy water solution to locations (2), (3) and (4).