Alcohol solvents are flammable and give off harmful vapors. Use solvents sparingly and only
in well ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from heat, sparks,
(14) Clean adhesive residue from cover plate (7) with rag dampened with alcohol.
Adhesives and cleaners are flammable and give off harmful vapors. Use adhesive and cleaner
sparingly and only in well ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away
from heat, sparks, open flames. Wear gloves when handling adhesive and cleaner.
(15) Using adhesive (Item 6, Appx C), install two gaskets (23) and two gaskets (24) on cover plate (8).
(16) Secure switch (19) and guard (22) to cover plate (8) with two nuts (20) and washer (21).
(17) Install leads on switch (19). Remove tags from leads.
Steps 18 through 22 apply to both switches (18). Note correct location of each switch when
(18) Push switch housing (14) through cover plate (8) and retainer cover (17).
(19) Using small, flat head screwdriver, turn two screws (15) clockwise until two retaining cams (16)
(20) Solder leads to back of switch housing (14). Remove tags from leads.
Do not install indicator unit without all four lamps installed or short circuit will occur when
power is applied.
If installing new switch, install lamps per TM 10-5410-228-10.
(21) Using extraction tool, carefully squeeze tabs (12) and install indicator unit (13) into switch
housing (14), ensuring that aligning pin (45) enters hole in switch housing (14).
(22) Secure cover plate (8) to vehicle control box (1) with six screws (9), six new lockwashers (10) and
six flat washers (11).
(23) Secure EPG switch cover (7) to cover plate (8) with two screws (4), two new lockwashers (5) and
two flat washers (6).
Secure vehicle control box (1) to radio rack (3) with four screws (2).
Connect two connectors to side of vehicle control box (10).
Connect battery cable.