CBPS Striking Procedures - Continued.
To prevent death or injury to LMS crew from contamination, ensure outer ambulatory
airlock door opening has been removed and sealed before proceeding.
To help purge ambulatory airlock, signal to cab crew to open ambulatory door flap a little by
separating fastener hook and fastener loop fastener. Once ambulatory airlock is purged,
ensure ambulatory airlock opening is sealed securely.
Await notification from cab crew that outer ambulatory door has been removed and sealed
(10) Allow ambulatory airlock to purge for approximately three minutes. Check if airlock has purged
sufficiently using CAM.
(11) Remove inner ambulatory airlock door (6) by loosening spring clips, separating loop and pile
fasteners, lifting it from ambulatory airlock opening. Stow in LMS.
(12) Disconnect airlock pressure gage (7) from ABS wall and stow at rear of LMS.
(13) Stow medical chests and litter stands in LMS.
(14) On rear control panel (1, figure 2-52) turn RIB FAN (2) switch to OFF. Indicator light (green)
(15) Ensure NBC ALARM (press to mute) switch (3) has been turned off and ALARM MUTE
indicator light (blue) is off.
(16) Ensure ESS MODE selector switch (4) is set to HEAT, COOL or VENT.
(17) Ensure POWER MODE switch (5) is set to INT.
(18) Ensure NBC FAN switch (6) is ON. NBC FAN ON indicator lights (green).
MISSION PROFILE indicator will not light if INSTM CONT circuit breaker is not ON.
(19) On rear control panel (1), set MISSION PROFILE switch (7) to MOBILE. MOBILE indicator
will light (white).
(20) Ensure inverter power switch (8) is set to OFF.
(21) Ensure converter power switch (9) and AC INPUT circuit breaker (10) are set to OFF.
(22) Ensure the following circuit breakers are set to ON:
(23) Signal to cab crew to proceed with striking ABS. Enter LMS, fold ladder up into LMS opening,
and secure with straps.
(24) As ABS collapses, regulate release of air by opening and closing ECV access door.