Air Beam Shelter (ABS) Setup Procedures Under NBC Conditions - Continued.
(24) LMS crew obtains lights, medical chests and other items stowed on HMT from cab crew.
(25) After cab crew signals that outer ambulatory door is installed, begin purging airlock.
(26) Check for contamination by using CAM. Open fastener hook and fastener loop on ambulatory
airlock door enough to insert CAM probe into airlock and check if airlock has purged
sufficiently. If contamination is present, remove CAM and close fastener hook and loop fastener.
Allow another minute or so to pass before performing another CAM check. Remove items after
airlock is purged.
(27) Remove NBC recirculation filters from LMS.
(28) Place one NBC recirculation filter (9, figure 2-43) on passenger side of ABS, close to rear of LMS
and plug it into one of the bottom outlets in receptacle panel (7). Place second NBC recirculation
filter (10) in opposite, diagonal corner of ABS and using 32 foot extension cord (11), plug it into
the other bottom outlet on the receptacle panel (7). Turn both recirculation filters on. NBC
recirculation filters will not operate unless under NBC mode. NBC FAN switch on rear control
panel must be ON for NBC recirculation filter outlets on receptacle panel (7) to work.
(29) Remove and position medical equipment and supplies as required.
(30) Hang two lights (1 and 2) with straps (3) from ceiling of passenger side of ABS. Hang two lights
(4 and 5) with straps (3) from ceiling of driver side of ABS. Plug light (1) into light (2) and light
(4) into light (5). Plug light (1) into extension cord (6). Plug other end of extension cord (6) into
one of the top outlets on receptacle panel (at rear of LMS) (7). Plug light (5) into extension cord
(8). Plug other end of extension cord (8) into top outlet on receptacle panel (7). Hang extension
cord (8) on bolt heads on ABS retainer.