To prevent injury to hands, wear gloves when hoisting ABS onto tailgate. Do not wrap rope
To protect against damage to equipment, ensure tailgate is fully raised to avoid contact with
HMT during transport.
Make sure block and tackle assemblies are straight with no twists or kinks.
(20) Using block and tackle assembly (2), raise tailgate (5) partially to lift it off ground cloth (7). Pull
ground cloth (7) from under tailgate (5). Fold ground cloth (7) in same manner as ABS (3), and
place on top of ABS (3).
(21) Raise tailgate (5) and secure safety cable. Pull lower transport cover (1) away from tailgate (5) to
exhaust excess air. Make sure straps of upper transport cover (8) are not trapped behind rolled
(22) Coil rope and insert rope into roll of ABS (3).
(23) Secure both sides of ABS (3) with three side and three bottom straps (9).
(24) Secure upper transport cover (9) with four strap buckles.
(26) This completes striking of ABS. Proceed to para 126.96.36.199 for static mode shut down with internal
power. Proceed to para 188.8.131.52 for static mode shut down with external power.