(14) Allow TALP and ambulatory airlock to purge for approximately three minutes. Using CAM,
open side zipper on TALP airlock tunnel or fastener hook and fastener loop tape on ambulatory
airlock door partially to insert CAM probe. Check if airlock has purged sufficiently. If
contamination is present, remove CAM, close zipper or fastener hook and fastener loop tape,
and allow another minute or so to pass before performing another CAM check.
Both ambulatory and TALP entry areas serve as airlocks to prevent undue loss of pressure
when doors are opened and to provide a place for final decontamination of individuals who
are entering from a contaminated area. Most contaminants that penetrate are swept out by
enclosure are filtered by NBC recirculation air filters powered from receptacle panel.
(15) Verify NBC recirculation filters (9 and 10, figure 2-17) are operating.
(16) This completes switchover from non-NBC to NBC conditions in static mode with external power.
Operate system as mission requires.
2.24.3 Striking and Shut Down Procedures.
Procedures for striking and shutting down CBPS under non-NBC conditions and under NBC
conditions are essentially the same, except for removing ambulatory airlock and TALP
airlock doors. Steps and procedures as provided herein are for striking and shutting down
under non-NBC conditions. For striking and shutting down under NBC conditions, refer to
Refer to Appendix E, Load Plan, for stowing equipment in LMS and on HMT.
CBPS Striking Procedures.
a. LMS Crew Tasks
Disconnect lights and recirculation fans.
Remove lights from hangers.
Remove sound blanket from TALP rail straps.
Pass light set, medical chests, litter stands and other items through TALP door to cab crew.
Stow recirculation fans, litter stands and other items in LMS.
Loosen two rail knobs (1, figure 2-27) on inner TALP airlock door (2). Wait for signal from cab
crew to remove and stow rails (3).
Loosen latch clamp (4).
Remove retaining clamp (5).
Remove inner TALP airlock door (2) and stow in LMS.
(10) Remove inner ambulatory door (6) by loosening spring clips and separating fastener hook and
fastener loop, and stow in LMS.
(11) Remove ambulatory and TALP airlock gage assembly (7) and stow.
(12) Disconnect cables from speaker assembly (15) and stow.
(13) Pull cable assemblies through hole and stow.
(14) On rear control panel (1, figure 2-28) press RIB FAN switch (2) to OFF. Indicator light (green)
will turn off. Ensure ALARM MUTE (3) and NBC FAN (4) switches are off (indicator lights
ALARM MUTE (blue) and NBC FAN ON (green) will be off).
(15) Signal to cab crew to proceed with striking ABS.