ABS Setup Procedures - Continued.
ABS is supplied with removable insulation panels. Top panels are above operator's reach and
are normally left in ABS during striking. TALP, ambulatory and two side insulation panels
are used only in extreme heat or cold conditions.
(19) Remove airlock pressure gage assembly (1) from rear of LMS. Install gage assembly (1, figure 2-
16) between ambulatory and TALP doors using two fastener hook and fastener loop straps.
Pass straps through Dee Rings on airlock wall and bring to front of gage assembly (1). Pass
straps through slots and attach fastener hook and fastener loop.
(20) Attach three air lines: ABS inlet line (2) to quick disconnect at gage (1) input (top center), TALP
airlock line (3) to quick disconnect at litter gage input, and ambulatory airlock line (4) to quick
disconnect at ambulatory gage input.
(21) Ensure that airlock pressure gage (1) is level (front to back) and not tilted.
To prevent injury to personnel, use caution when walking through entrances to the ABS,
hose assemblies and cables are on the floor of the ABS.
To prevent damage to hose assemblies and cables on the floor of the ABS at the entrances,
place hoses and cables up against the inside exterior wall of the ABS.
Light set and medical chests are stowed on the HMT.
NBC recirculation filters are stowed in LMS.
(22) LMS crew obtains light set and medical chests from cab crew.
(23) Hang two lights (1 and 2, figure 2-17) with straps (3) from ceiling of passenger side of ABS.
Hang two lights (4 and 5) with straps (3) from ceiling of driver side of ABS. Plug light (1) into
light (2) and light (4) into light (5). Plug light (1) into extension cord (6). Plug other end of
extension cord (6) into one of the top outlets on receptacle panel (7) at rear of LMS. Plug light (5)
into extension cord (8). Plug other end of extension cord (8) into top outlet on receptacle panel
(7). Hang extension cord (8) on bolt heads on ABS retainer.
(24) Remove NBC recirculation filters (9 and 10) from LMS.
(25) Place one NBC recirculation filter (9) on passenger side of ABS, close to rear of LMS and plug it
into one of the bottom outlets in receptacle panel (7). Place second NBC recirculation filter (10)
in the opposite, diagonal corner of ABS and using 32 foot extension cord (11), plug it into the
other bottom outlet on receptacle panel (7). Turn both recirculation filters on. NBC recirculation
filters will not operate unless under NBC mode; NBC FAN switch on rear control panel must be
ON for NBC recirculation filter outlets on receptacle panel (7) to work.
(26) Remove and position medical equipment and supplies as required.
(27) Hang sound blanket from rear TALP rail straps.