Do not attempt to lift HMT tongue alone if HMT is heavily loaded. Lifting heavy HMT
tongue alone can cause back injury. Use crank on front caster to raise HMT tongue.
Use crank on front support leg (3) to level HMT (2) as needed. Adjust rear support leg (8) by
turning leg extension (15) in or out.
(10) Move ECV into position and park with engine running for ABS deployment.
(11) Set parking brake.
(12) Set EPG switch (1, figure 2-7) on vehicle control box (2) to ON, when instructed by LMS crew.
(13) Listen for EPG engagement, indicated by a change in ECV engine speed.
(14) If system is to be powered by ECV (internal power), proceed to para 184.108.40.206. If system is to be
powered by 10 kW TQG (external power), proceed to para 220.127.116.11.
b. LMS Crew Tasks
No tasks required.
Deployment Using Internal ECV Power.
a. Cab Crew Tasks
ABS fabric may be slippery, especially under wet or muddy conditions. Use care when
walking on ABS, as surface may be bumpy due to air beam inflation manifold or folds of
fabric and may cause a tripping hazard.
Police 30 foot by 30 foot area behind the ECV for branches, rocks, or anything that might
puncture or tear ABS.
Ensure that work platform is removed from top of generator before starting generator.
Remove any dry grass or material that might be ignited by hot exhaust pipe of ECV.
(2) Remove transport cover from HMT and place on ground, dirty side down, approximately 25 ft
(4) Unload doors, litter, light set, and maintenance stand from HMT and place on transport cover.
Remove ground stake (5, figure 2-9) from HMT and drive into ground at rear driver side of ECV
using slide hammer.
Connect 10 kW TQG ground lead (4) to ground stake (5) and to LMS power panel (3).
Power cable ends are keyed for proper connection.
Connect power cable (1) from 10 kW TQG to power panel (3).
Ensure that circuit breaker on power panel is set to OFF (refer to para 2.12).
Unfasten four strap buckles (1, figure 2-5) on transport cover (2). On each side of LMS, unfasten
three side and three bottom strap buckles (3) of transport cover (2).