1.12 LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS - Continued.
ABS (figure 1-6).
ABS. The ABS is an 18 by 18 foot structure, made of chemical agent-resistant fabric. It is
clamped to an aluminum retainer attached to the rear of the LMS.
Air Beam Assembly. Inflatable air beams that support the ABS.
Ambulatory Airlock Door. Airlock entrance that allows personnel access into the CBPS. Under
NBC conditions, this entrance is under positive pressure to aid in personnel decontamination.
Tunnel Airlock Litter Patient (TALP) Airlock Door. Airlock tunnel that allows litter patients
access into the CBPS. Under NBC conditions, this entrance is under positive pressure to aid in
Air Inlet/Manifold. Air from ABS inflation passes through flexible hoses into air beams.
Shut-Off Valves. In open position, allows air to enter the air beams.
Windows. Allows visibility to outside conditions.
Ambulatory Airlock Door Vents and Flaps. Used to adjust CBPS and airlock over pressure.
TALP Airlock Door Vents and Flaps. Used to adjust CBPS and TALP over pressure.
(10) Pressure Gages. Measures air pressure in ambulatory door airlock and TALP compared to
outside ambient air pressure.
(11) Dump Caps. When caps are removed, allows deflation of air beams.
(12) Direct Complexing Shelter (DCS) Door. Opening used when connecting to another CBPS, or for
fresh air ventilation with screen installed.
(13) Insulation Blankets. Attached to four sides and roof of ABS and used to insulate the ABS.
(14) Speaker Assembly. Allows LMS crew to monitor radios and communicate with other units.
g. Recirculation Filter (figure 1-7).
Recirculation filter is a portable, self-contained unit to filter any residual NBC contaminants
inside the ABS. The cover (1) is attached to housing (2) by four link-lock fasteners (3). The
housing contains a blower, replaceable gas filter element (4), and power switch (5). The power
cord (6) provides connection to a standard 110 Vac/60 Hz socket. Air enters through air inlets (7)
and is forced downward through replaceable gas filter element. Filtered air exits through air