(1) Proper precautions must be given when handling Propylene Glycol. Propylene
Glycol can be harmful if large quantity is swallowed. Prolonged exposure may cause
allergic skin reaction; irritation to skin, eyes, and respiratory tract; and could affect
the central nervous system.
(2) First Aid Measures for Propylene Glycol
(a) Inhalation: If overcome by exposure, remove victim to fresh air
immediately. Give oxygen or artificial respiration as needed. Obtain emergency
(b) Ingestion: If large quantity is swallowed, give a pint of luke warm water if
victim is completely conscious and alert. If large quantity is consumed, induce
vomiting as directed by medical personnel. Obtain emergency medical attention.
(c) Eye: Immediately rinse eyes with clean water for 20-30 minutes. Retract
eyelids often. Obtain medical attention if pain, blinking, tears, or redness persist.
(d) Skin: Product is not expected to present a significant skin hazard under
anticipated conditions of normal use.
Always keep in mind the following potential health effects when
using cleaning compounds. Follow first aid measures if the conditions
occur and contact medical support if required. Failure to follow
these precautions may result in injury to personnel.
Can be harmful or fatal if swallowed.
Can cause violent pain in the throat.
Can cause abdominal pain.
Can cause vomiting.
Can cause lung damage.
Can cause damage to the eyes, skin, and mucous membrane.
(1) Proper precautions must be given when handling cleaning compounds.
These cleaning compounds are very corrosive and ingestion can be fatal. Ingestion
may cause violent pain in the throat, abdominal pain, and vomiting. Inhalation of mist
or spray can cause lung damage. These cleaning compounds are corrosive to the skin,
eyes, and mucous membrane.
(2) First Aid Measures for Cleaning Compounds
(a) Ingestion: Toxic by ingestion. Do not induce vomiting. Never give
anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical attention immediately.